Property Maintenance Code Complaints

Nuisance Abatement Code


The Trustees may provide for abatement, control or removal of vegetation, garbage, or refuse and other debris from land in the Township if it constitutes a nuisance. It requires 7 days notice to property owner and mortgage holder prior to abatement of a nuisance by Township. If the owner is a resident of the Township or a non-resident whose address is known, notice to the property owner can be given by posting a notice on the principal structure and photographing the notice with a camera capable of recording the date.


clip_image0021Trustees may provide for the removal of any vehicle in the unincorporated territory of the township that the board determines is a junk motor vehicle. A junk vehicle is defined as:

  1. Three model years old, or older; and
  2. Apparently inoperable; and
  3. Extensively damaged, including, but not limited to, any of the following: missing wheels, tires, engine, or transmission.

If a junk motor vehicle is located on public property, the board may provide for the immediate removal of the vehicle. If it is located on private property, the board may provide for the removal of the vehicle not sooner than 14 days after the board serves written notice on the owner of the land and any holders of liens of record on the land.



Property Maintenance Code

On September 25, 2006, the Green Township Board of Trustees adopted a Property Maintenance Code to ensure public health, safety and welfare in so far as they are affected by the continued occupancy and maintenance of structures and premises. All property owners in Green Township are required to maintain their properties in accordance with this code. With normal upkeep, most property owners will have no difficulty with compliance. Below is a link to the Property Maintenance Code to request an investigation into violations of the code.

To place a nuisance or property maintenance complaint, please contact the Department of Public Services 

Call 513-574-8832 – Weekdays (except Holidays) 7:30am – 3pm

Request a Nuisance/PMC issue by email at 

please include…

  • property address
  • nature of complaint
  • are dogs on property
  • if issues can only be seen from your property, does inspector have permission to view from your property, if so include your information