Staying active and independent is important to many seniors in Green Township. By partnering with Meals on Wheels Southwest OH and Northern KY Green Township is able to provide it’s citizens with the option of staying in their own homes for as long as possible.
Meals on Wheels Southwest OH and Northern KY delivers the following services through the Green Township Senior Center:
- Nutrition – Meals on Wheels delivers nutritious meals to seniors’ homes.
- Transportation – Meals on Wheels delivers independence through rides to and from its Senior Centers, the grocery store, medical appointments and recreational outings.
- Protection – Meals on Wheels delivers peace of mind through its Guardian and Financial Case Management services.
Meals on Wheels Southwest OH and Northern KY serves 10,000 seniors annually in 12 counties. Our service area includes Hamilton, Butler, Clermont, and Montgomery Counties in Ohio and the Kentucky counties of Boone, Kenton, Gallatin, Carroll, Owen, Grant, Pendleton, and Campbell.
If you’re interested in Home Delivered Meals and believe you may qualify for assistance, contact one of the agencies listed below, based on where you live:
Greater Cincinnati Residents (Hamilton and Butler Counties): Council on Aging of Southwestern Ohio, 513-721-1025 or 800-252-0155
Green Township Senior Center is now offering Congregate Meals on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at noon. We have between 10 t0 40 people here for lunch each day, which is a plus because this allows us to order the meals in bulk versus in individual trays.
FAQ about the Congregate Meals
- Why does Green Township Senior Center offer these meals? We look at it as another way to serve our community. The meals offer a place for older adults to get out of the house, encourages participation in activities at our center, either before or after the meal, and good nutrition is an important in keeping our members healthy.
- How much does it cost? The suggested donation for the congregate meals is $1. You are more than welcome to donate more or less depending on your circumstances. You will have to fill out a form so that Cincinnati Area Senior Services can be reimbursed for the meal through the Council on Aging.
- How and when do I sign up? The sign up binder is on the welcome desk in the lobby. You can look at the menu and choose which days you would like to receive a meal. We ask that you sign up for the meal a week in advance so we can notify the caterer of our numbers. If you forget to put your name down while you are here, don’t worry! You can call and one of our volunteers can add your name to the list.
- Other important reminders. When you arrive at the center for a meal, please check your name off at the front desk so we can keep track of attendees. We also ask that if for any reason you are not able to make it to the center for a meal you have signed up for please call to cancel.